Boxing is probably a sole sport that generates so many debates among spectators and authorities. Some call it cruel; others have shivers down their spines, watching the fighters’ one-to-one confrontation on a boxing ring. But one aspect bonds sceptics and admirers of this masculine sport. Both sides agree that boxing wagering takes a top priority among punters worldwide.
World knows many outstanding boxers who forged their names on the hall of fame and made history among sport legends. The biggest fights featuring the greatest champs made a colossal hype at particular time spans and entered the chronicle of the boxing evolution. Whenever the biggest fight happens, make sure you always get notification from fightnights.com so that you don’t miss a match that could create a grand victory in history.
Watching two fighters compete for a notable title is like a guilty pleasure for spectators, but why to witness their triumph from the sidelines, if you can be a part of it?! Relax – you don’t have to go on the boxing ring to feel that thrill when only one man wins. You can be a winner too, if you bet on the right guy.
How to bet on boxing legally
Whether boxing wagering is legal or forbidden depends on the punters’ vicinity. Boxing wagers are currently legal in most EU regions, and particular areas of Asia and Africa. If we talk about Canadian and Australian bettors, they can also savour a full freedom of legalized wagering on boxing matches.
Things are a bit complicated for the US fans, as not all states have removed the ban on boxing wagers. A list of the lucky over-ban states currently includes around 30 regions, while in some areas, authorities set up stringent restrictions for bookmakers who accept fight bets.
So, what should punters do if they find their country of residence under a ban?! Should they say farewell to boxing wagers or move to the regions with a more loyal approach to the fight sport? Luckily, not in the year 2020! Nowadays, bettors can bid on boxing matches 100% legally online.
With the Internet rise, punters don’t need to track physical bookmakers or ask pals from other regions to bet on a fight for them. They can do it online (safe and legally) on any bookie’s website among a myriad of available options. The paramount condition is to pick up legal sportsbooks granted by a license from the authorized bodies.
Pros of online boxing wagering
Online wagers on boxing events have their unbeaten privileges over old-schooled betting. First, current punters can easily make a bookie’s license-check as this info stores in the open web access. Thus, you always see whether a site is trusted or not.
Another boon is convenience. Bettors don’t need to line up to suspicious bookmakers to bet on a desired fight. They can do it in two clicks on online platforms or via mobile apps (yes, most top sportsbooks have them). Moreover, bettors can choose the most suitable options (cards, e-wallets), as hand-to-hand cash payments have almost passed away in the 21c.
Finally, online bookies can boast of the fantastic assortment of wager types, lavish perks, HD live broadcasts, and vibrant odds like none brick-and-mortar betting shop has. Bettors only have to pick up the right operator to start making legal earnings on boxing tourneys.
Options for profit-making wagers:
- Pick up a lucky man to win the fight
- Bet on the fight duration
- Predict a winning round
- Wager on a knockdown
- Bid on the points cut
How to win on boxing wagers
According to WorldBookmakers, bettors will need to learn some basics if they tend to succeed in boxing wagers. Their experts suggest grasping these tips before wagering on a boxing match:
- Know the boxers: It doesn’t mean that you should follow each of them on social media or monitor Wikipedia to learn their full bio. Instead, it will be helpful to focus on the boxers’ previous fights, losses, knockdowns to know what to expect from them in the future confrontations.
- Monitor injury updates: If a boxer you plan to wager on suffered an accident injury ahead of the big fight, you should know it ahead of the match not to cry a river afterwards. Old injuries may also affect a boxer’s performance on a ring, so keep both eyes open when wagering on a potential winner.
- Compare the odds: Bookmakers adjust the odds considering the fight nature (amateur or professional) or even hype around each single match. Punters should mindfully pick up bookies with the most lucrative odds and reasonable wagering limits.
- Bet LIVE: In-play wagers are widespread in any sport, and boxing is on the list too. Live wagers render good prospects for punters, though there is one critical condition to learn – it is forbidden to bid amid the ongoing round but only during the breaks.
- Pick up the right platforms: Selecting the trusted bookies’ platforms is a key to safe and legal wagering. It’s vital to pick up an operator with excellent wagers choice, and top-notch in-play offers to enjoy a match at full.
If you hesitate to wager on boxing matches in your vicinity in 2020, you can do it legally on the online platforms. Many reputable and trusted sportsbooks offer brilliant prospects for fans to bid on their beloved boxers and professional matches from the cosiness of their homes. Bettors only need to pick up a suitable platform for legal and fruitful boxing wagers.