Today in New York, Top Rank claimed the rights to the WBO-mandated Bantamweight title match between Fernando Montiel and Eric Morel with a winning bid of $102,500. Per WBO regulation, Montiel will receive 80% of the purse ($82,000) and Morel will receive the remaining 20% ($20,500). The fight will be held in one of three places/dates: Mexico on July 17th, in Las Vegas on July 24th or Atlantic City on August 14th. Top Rank was the only one to offer up a bid.
The full, official document from the WBO, in pdf form, is enclosed: MinutesMontiel