The BTBC fan forum is boxing’s first 100% troll-free message board and the home of some of the internet’s sharpest hardcore fans. Today we spotlight forum member, Smooth, as he shares his 5 Favorite Boxing Moments:
1) April, 1987. Leonard vs. Hagler. This was my first real memory of watching a live fight and being completely mesmerized by the magnitude and pageantry of the event. I was 10 years old and that fight essentially made me a boxing fan for life.
2) August, 1987. Mike Tyson unifies the HW division. In the late 80’s Mike Tyson was must-see TV. If he fought, you watched. Period. My most fond memory of Tyson was watching him unify the HW division in winning the heavyweight tourney that Don King put together.
3) November, 1992. Bowe vs. Holyfield 1. Once Tyson got locked-up in 1992, the question arose as to who would carry the heavyweight mantle. We didn’t have to wait for long because later that year Bowe and Holyfield had the first fight of their very memorable trilogy.
4) May, 2002. Ward vs. Gatti 1. Short on skills but jam-packed with big punches and back-and-forth action, I remember being glued to the screen for this fight and loving every second of every round.
5) May, 2005. Corrales vs. Castillo 1. Shortly after it started it was evident that we were in for one hell of a fight. Both of these combatants gave it all and we, as boxing fans, were witness to one of the most action-packed fights of all time.