UK promoter, Frank Warren, is planning a huge card for September 18th at the LG Arena in Birmingham. The lineup, barring unforeseen injuries or last second withdrawals, is as follows:
* European Light Heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly against unbeaten and world ranked German, Karo Murat, in a WBO World Light Heavyweight title eliminator for the right to face Jurgen Brahmer
* Matthew Macklin will challenge for Darren Barker’s EBU Middleweight title
* Former WBO world Cruiserweight champion, Enzo Maccarinelli, continues his comeback efforts by defending his European Cruiserweight title against Alexander Frenkel.
* In an intriguing Heavyweight bout, Sam Sexton meets Derek Chisora
* In a long-awaited battle of UK Welterweights, highly-regarded prospect, Kell Brook, takes on former world title challenger, Michael Jennings in a WBO Eliminator for Manny Pacquiao’s title.
* Ryan Rhodes defends his European Jr. Middleweight title against Lukas Konecny
The card will also feature Olympic Gold Medalist, James DeGale, Jr. Welterweight prospect, Frankie Gavin, and former Commonwealth Super Flyweight champ, Don Broadhurst.
“It is fantastic to be back promoting huge shows on a Saturday night, and there is no better way to start than by putting on something like this” said Frank Warren on FrankWarren.tv “It will showcase some of the best talent around at the moment in British boxing, and I think everyone featured on the card has the potential to fight for a world title.”
September 18th will be a busy day in Boxing as the Shane Mosley-Sergio Mora pay-per-view is scheduled for that date as well as the Wladimir Klitschko-Alexander Povetkin Heavyweight title fight.
Discuss this topic (and many others) at Boxing’s first 100% troll-free fan forum: The BTBC. Membership is free and all registered members have access to live fight streams from around the globe. Join up now and rub elbows with fellow hardcore fight fans!